Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Un-Model Essays 2009: My Ambition


Everyone has an ambition. Ambition is what drives us to achieve our goals. I too, have an ambition. My ambition is to be a toilet ticket collector. I aspire to be the person that collects money for using the toilet.

I first became interested in this job when my brother mentioned one day that his boss was a suitable candidate to collect money outside toilets. From then on, I became fascinated with toilet ticket collectors.

Every time I went to a public toilet, I would look out for the person collecting money and observe the way they worked. I admired the dexterity of their fingers as they counted the coins and the firmness of their voice as they stated the charges for using the toilet.

Toilet ticket collectors are important to society. Without them, there would be nobody to collect money at the toilets or sell tissue paper when we needed it most. People would use public toilets for free, or worse, have to deal with turnstiles and automatic dispensers. We would need to keep exact change with us at all times.

When I am a toilet ticket collector, I will be a good one. I will count money and give change quickly and accurately. I will provide additional conveniences for my customers such as tissue paper, amongst other things, for a small and reasonable fee. I hope that my diligence will earn me a place at a nice public toilet such as the one in The Gardens shopping complex.

I know I have a long way to go yet, before I can achieve my dream. And so, I must begin this journey by studying hard, and especially, paying extra attention to subjects such as mathematics and home economics.

No comments: